Founded in 1961, WEG has grown into a global solutions provider of
industrial electrical technologies. WEG is the largest industrial
electric motor manufacturer in the Americas and one of the largest
manufacturers of electric motors in the world producing more than 21
million units annually.
Committed to growth on a global scale, WEG continually invests in
state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and processes and the
development of new and improved industrial electrical solutions. WEG
offers a diverse and integrated product line that includes motors,
drives, soft starters, controls, panels, transformers, generators, and
The Buyer is responsible for the purchase of raw materials and
services in support of the manufacturing operation.
Employees in this position should be adaptable, enthusiastic for
change and data oriented. Communication skills and self-direction are
required, as is a high commitment to Cost and Inventory management.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for buying materials, parts and supplies in a cost
effective and timely manner while maintaining appropriate quality
standards and specifications.
- Discuss defective parts with users, vendors and customers. This
would include resolution of rejections. Communicate with vendors
for rejection resolution to quality issues.
- Prepare purchase requisitions, approve and issue purchase orders
- Order materials and services per negotiated contracts.
- Review quotations for best overall costs.
- Build relationships with key suppliers.
- Work to improve quality and lower cost of purchased items
- Interface with the finance department to ensure timely and
accurate payment of invoices as necessary.
- Structure purchasing practices to insure proper inventory levels.
- Proper utilization of purchasing tools to minimize overall cost
of purchasing parts.
- Additional projects assigned by management